- How far along? 38 weeks, 1 day
- Maternity clothes? maternity clothing
- Stretch marks? none :)
- Sleep? making waking appearances at sometimes 3:30 and 5ish
- Best moment last week? RELAXING this past weekend...and seeing the first REAL snow of the winter season!
- Movement?shifting and such, but the occasional jab still gets landed
- Symptoms? linea negra,swelling in ankles (big time!) and some in hands, Braxton Hicks contractions...to the point that I had them for an hour straight last night about 7 minutes apart...but no baby girl yet!
- Gender? Baby girl...Kensington!!
- Labor signs? other than my Braxton Hicks...no real labor signs
- Belly button in/out? It's OUT there
- What I miss?ditto last week-mommy needs her sugar fix some kinda bad (and is displayed in my snack bag I have for the hospital...poptarts, sour patch kids, chocolate mini-eggs, peanut butter cups, fruit snacks...I promise there are healthy options too, but that's also what the cafeteria is for!)
- Looking forward to?getting to meet this sweet baby girl...We are ready!!
- What's going on with Baby A? (from www.thebump.com)
Yow! If you feel a sort of lightening bolt running up and down your legs (and in your crotch), don’t freak out. At 38 weeks, baby’s probably sitting pretty low in your pelvis, which means he’s bumping into all kinds of nerves down there -- including some pretty sensitive ones you might not know you had. Be on the lookout for signs of labor, including contractions that come on stronger, at more regular intervals, and the “bloody show.” It could happen any day now -- or it might not be for a few weeks. Until then, try to relax.
Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.
your baby at 38 weeks
- She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
- She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.