Thursday, September 15, 2011

this feeling...

I can't quite put into words what I am feeling,
but here goes anyways.

I am still mesmerized(?!?) by the fact that I am pregnant.

I guess in some ways I don't even feel pregnant

weird, I know

but let me attempt to explain

  • I can still wear normal clothing
  • I can still workout (just not as hard/long as I used to)
  • I have my energy back now (yay 2nd trimester- woohoo!)
  • I haven't had weird cravings/sent the hubbster off late night to get anything
  • I only have a mini-bump which has become noticeable more recently (within the past week or so)
  • I don't feel like there is anything other than a huge meal in my belly since I can't feel the baby moving yet/don't hear the heartbeat/can't have an ultrasound to "check in" everyday
odd, I know, considering I am 15 1/2 weeks right about now...

But I guess I have SO much to look forward to!

  • getting a true baby bump
  • buying new clothes (even though they will be maternity)
  • registering for baby things
  • getting hand-me-downs from my sister and possibly neighbor (depending on what we are having)
  • finding out what we are having October 19th!
  • planning out a nursery room
  • decorating
  • taking tons of preggo pics and framing them/putting them up around the house
  • "nesting" (I always have loved deep cleaning and I hear you go even more nuts when it comes closer to baby's arrival!)
  • and, naturally, all the joys of motherhood once Baby A arrives into this world ~March 6th, 2012
So, for now, I will enjoy this moment, but look forward to many moments to write to Baby A in my journal...like the first time I feel a kick, what we did/said when we found out what gender Baby A is...etc

you know, the good stuff

So here's to a Happy Thursday, (cuz it's ALMOST Friday)
and I can't wait to have a girls night in this weekend at my house!

3 comments:

  1. how exciting! i often wonder if i will feel "different" once i'm pregnant. can't wait to one day find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are that far along and still so small and feeling good. You are lucky! (and blessed!) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started wearing maternity clothes around 15 weeks, but up until that point, I didn't really "feel" pregnant, either, so I know what you mean :)

    And the nesting part? Totally awesome, for a Type A gal like myself ;)

    ReplyDelete