Monday, November 7, 2011

Dear Kensington,

I want you to know that even though you are still growing inside my belly, that I loved you from the very instant I knew you existed. I don't know if I will ever forget that day. It was about 1 am on July 1st, 2011. Your daddy was still sleeping in bed and we had planned on getting up around 2 am to get our bodies adjusted to a different time zone (London!)

After finding out the news myself...I whispered out to your daddy that, well, you are going to be a daddy!!

Then neither one of us could go back to sleep!

We were so thrilled with the news that you were in my belly that we could hardly contain ourselves...but we couldn't call anyone...it was 1 am in the morning! No one else would be up for hours!

Over the past couple weeks I have been feeling you kicking/punching and squirming around in there, and I must say that despite that being one of the oddest sensations ever, it is also one filled with so much joy. To know you are in there and moving around makes my heart flutter in anticipation of your arrival (even though it's still months away).

Your daddy felt you kicking around in there for the first time before he had to take an 8 hour long test on October 30, 2011. He was super excited and I was thrilled that he, too, could feel somewhat of the sensations I was feeling.

Of course, you always seem to be moving around after I eat some food...so I guess you are already like me in that you love food. You REALLY loved warm chocolate chip cookies since you were movng SO hard that you could even see my belly move...I love cookies too! (sweet tooth mamma!)

I will have to say, that you are already wrapping your daddy around your little finger. I will tell him that you are moving around and to give me his hand so I can place it on my belly...and then you stop moving, like you are just teasing him with the knowledge...then he takes his hand away, and off you go again, moving around!

Be nice to your daddy! He is going to spoil you so badly when you get here...and I know he is so in love with you already, just like me.

We have been slowly getting things ready but have tons more to do before you arrive...so in the meantime, keep growing big and strong, healthy and beautiful...we can't wait for your arrival in early March (but I would be fine with late February too!)

We love you so much already, but I know once we are able to physically hold you in our arms, we will love you even more (if that's even possible!)

Sleep tight in there Miss Kensington,
Mommy and Daddy love you!!

1 comment:

  1. ah!! This brought tear to my eyes! You are the sweetest soon-to-be parents ever! babieS!!

    ReplyDelete