Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful




November may be one of my favorite months

(I could be slightly biased since I was born this month too)

But I really LOVE Thanksgiving time
For me, this is a time to be around all my family and join together in making a wonderful feast
and also share what we are all thankful for
(I am so sappy that I tend to get emotional when we do this, but I love to hear what the kids usually say since they are so sweet and innocent!)

So this year I will share some of my thankful things with you:
-my husband
I don't know where I would be without this guy, he keeps me grounded and sane and can cheer me up from anything. He makes me laugh non-stop and I know that he loves me unconditionally. I am so thankful to have him be a part of my life

-my family
this includes my parents, sister and her kiddos, my cousins, aunt, uncle and also my husbands family (as well as those that have passed on and meant so much to me). I still get so excited to go home to see family...to me there is nothing better than being with those you love and who love you too-it's such a special and wonderful feeling

-the growing baby girl in my belly
what more can I say, I feel blessed to have this little sweet gal kicking around in my belly non-stop...she already makes me smile and I can't imagine loving anything/anyone more than I already do (is it March yet...I would REALLY love to get to hold her already!)

-my puppy dog
Okay, so my dog really isn't a puppy anymore, but he will always be my puppy in my mind. He got me through some tough times living alone during my first year of grad school and the way he wiggles his entire body each and every time I come home from anything brightens my day.

-my friends
I have a great group of friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. We always have the best times together no matter what the occasion or how fancy or just plain simple it may be.

-my health
I feel fortunate to be healthy (and hopefully continue this way through the rest of my pregnancy). Of course I have days when my back aches, but I can't complain when I know others suffer from much worse...I wish them better health

Naturally I am thankful for other things, such as yummy homemade desserts and things like green bean casserole and Dr. Pepper...but those tend to be much farther down my list in comparison to the big ones I have shared.

I hope wherever you are, that you have a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving!!! They are wonderful things to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete