Thursday, October 6, 2011

18 weeks! (and 2 days...)


starting to see the bump through my baggy t-shirts









a try at a closer look of the baby bump

Pics taken at 18 wks 1 day
  1. How far along? 18 weeks 2 days
  2. Maternity clothes? not exactly...although I did wear 2 maternity tops...only because the weather got cold and I had bought some since I am going to be going through my larger stages over the winter/cooler months
  3. Stretch marks? Still no :)
  4. Sleep? having a few issues with getting back to sleep after bathroom visits, and a few issues with waking up on my back...need to be sleeping on my side, but I have always been a big belly sleeper...hard to do with a baby bump going on
  5. Best moment last week? getting through the work week and thoroughly enjoying the weekend with the hubby (he is gone til Thursday for work)...it was probably my favorite as we lay in bed with a stethoscope hoping to hear any noises from my belly...he was trying so hard to hear something, it was really sweet! (and no, we only heard normal belly noises, nothing cool yet...)
  6. Movement? still just some flutters that I can't really believe are a baby...waiting on a big ole kick!
  7. Symptoms? getting some headaches when I don't sleep properly and I feel like all I do is eat! (although I have tried my best to eat healthy snacks at work, when I get home...a little different story! You remember all those yummy things I bought, right??) Oh, and I also get dizzy really easily...it's hard to go from such a "get up and go" kinda person to one who needs to realize I have to get up slowly now...
  8. Gender? still not sure, we have had friends speculate, but there is about a 50/50 split between them as well...we have a screening follow-up on Oct. 12 (with ultrasound) and if we can find out then...WE WILL! If not, we see our regular Dr on Oct 19 for the big show and tell!
  9. Labor signs? nothing!
  10. Belly button in/out? May have a hint of the top part of the belly button trying to make more of an outer appearance...kinda weird!
  11. What I miss? being able to do everything for myself...I have had to learn to ask for help with lifting things around work and home...and I really hate to impose on others, even if they don't think I am doing so...but everyone has been so sweet and helpful!
  12. Looking forward to? getting the hubby back in town so we can start house projects..is it bad to be nesting this early?!?
  13. What's going on with Baby A? (from www.thebump.com)
your baby's the size of a sweet potato!
She's about 5.6 inches long and about 6.7 ounces now and she keeps on growing rapidly. (That's why you're probably feeling so hungry.)
your baby at 18 weeks
  • Can you believe she's yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing?
  • And she's twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too -- and she's big enough that you might be able to feel her doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment