Thursday, October 6, 2011

Book Lovin'

I have recently really gotten back into reading books for fun

I just finished a book that was recommended to me by a fellow dog lover
It's called
The Art of Racing in the Rain


It's a short, easy read book through the eyes of a dog...and it really got me thinking about my own dog and what he is thinking and if some of these things I was reading go on in his head or if he wishes I could understand him when he makes a gesture...

It also has sad parts and happy parts and all that in between...but nothing too hard to comprehend.
When I borrowed it from the library I was told it was on the 12th Grade reading list
LOL
but, the ending really got me and I almost shed some tears (good ones)...being pregnant will do that to ya

I am now onto another book
called
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks


It's nonfiction which is usually not my thing, but it's about the woman HeLa cells came from and all the back story, which I think is pretty darn interesting (nerd alert).

I mean, I do work in cancer research and have heard of these cells before, so it's kinda neat to get a more well rounded picture of how HeLa cells came to be

I have 2 other books on hold at the library, for whenever they actually become available
1) Sarah's Key which is actually a movie as well

2) Bossypants...all my friends have raved about this one, but I am WAY down the line in the hold list, so it may be a month...or 5 before I can read it


Any other suggestions?

What have you been reading lately?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of these, I'll have to check them out! I recommend the Book Thief, it's my favourite of all time :)

    ReplyDelete