Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What's up with the plates?

So I know that the DMV makes "vanity plates" and all, but when Mike and I went for our anniversary-moon to OBX we saw just about EVERY person from North Carolina have some form of the
OBX#####
type plate...

We were wondering if it was just a number series or if it meant an address or location or something...so I did a bit of research...

Oddly enough, plate #'s OBX-1001 through OBX-9999 were issued FIRST...then they went back (due to popular demand) and issued OBX-0001 through OBX-1000...

This (naturally) depleted as well and they moved on to doing OBX followed by 5 numbers starting with OBX10001...

I tried to get some pictures, but they came out bad and I also figured people probably don't want their plates on my blog/on the internet...so better to just post this to show you an example...

This was taken from this website.

It was also neat to see the geographical location plates...but I don't remember seeing any of them around while we were there...

But seriously, we were about the only people there they didn't have OBX and numbers following...a little out of place!

No comments:

Post a Comment