Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Karma is a ...

Well, you know the rest...fill in your favorite expletive!

So I am pretty sure that my "bad behavior" yesterday morning caused everyone to have a bad Monday...so if my bad karma spread to you too, I apologize!

I guess I will start from the beginning...

So, on my way to work (naturally driving in my car) I am getting ready to get onto the interstate and this old gentleman in his pickup truck keeps eyeing me (like 50 times in his mirrors)...ok, maybe more like 10, but it was weird to me...

I naturally take this as - why don't you stop staring at me and drive down the road you rude old man...

Which then causes me to do the "bad behavior" and starts my bad karma for the day...

ok, I flipped him the bird (oopsie)

I finish the rest of my 20 minute commute to work, park and head up the hill (which feels like a 1/2 mile hike). I get my busy schedule rolling and everything seems ok so far. That afternoon I get slammed with tons more work (bad karma onslaught #1)...and am frantically running around the lab for a good 2 hours (basically up until I needed to leave).

I also received a text message that my womens volleyball team would have to forfeit our first match but we could still play the 7:00 match (bad karma onslaught #2).

Anyways, I finish up at work and head home, driving in my car (no I didn't flip anyone else the bird)...but of course I ran over something in the exit ramp and heard POP (bad karma onslaught #3)...yes, that would be something massacring my passenger side tire(s)...awesome. I freak out a bit hoping that I haven't popped my tire and that I am going to loose control of my car, but know I have about another 5 minutes til home...so I take it easy and proceed with caution.

I reach home (luckily) to find my back tire almost out of air and the front one also a little lower than normal...sweet...I get to change a tire (on a side note I can do this feat in about 10 minutes...BY MYSELF!) But, alas, I only have one spare tire (bad karma onslaught #4).

I head inside to tell my husband who grimaces a bit, only to find out that our upstairs air conditioning (which was set to cool) had been blowing HOT air all day...our upstairs was a sauna that we didn't really want...(bad karma onslaught #5)

As I ventured upstairs (since I needed to change in order to fix my tire), the heat wave smacked me in the face as I got to the top of the stairs...whoa nelly...it was literally reading 97 degrees INSIDE!

Mike asked me to find the manual for the thermostat and he was trying to see what the issue may be, in the meantime, I ventured out to fix my car...

He happened to come out and say that we should take the car to a place and just get 4 new tires (which my car has been needing...so maybe this was a sign)...luckily, we got a place to get my car fixed...but this meant Mike had to drive/stay with me at volleyball.

We headed back to the house so I could fix dinner-which was yummy pasta, sausage and pesto. And as I was pouring the pasta to drain, some of that great hot steam caught my finger (bad karma onslaught #6).

We ate dinner and I changed and Mike drove me to volleyball...where I played like crap (bad karma onslaught #7). It was like I could do nothing right...bad passing, setting, hitting, you name it...it was a disgrace!

We got back and I was about to get in the shower in the hot upstairs sauna place (we only have showers upstairs), we received a call that the car was ready...woohoo! only problem was that we were trying to print a coupon to save some $ and the printer WOULD NOT work...(bad karma onslaught #8).

We arrived and got our bill and we were fortunate that they accepted the SKU# off my cell phone (which was working nicely for me for once). Of course the bill was over $500 (sweet!) But I had my car back with 4 new squeaky tires. I felt bad for the people that worked there since they were also having some of my bad karma-the managers son was hit by a tree branch, their system had crashed and someone got called in unexpectedly...Sorry! It's my fault!

Getting back to the house, I showered and gathered my things for the next day so I wouldn't have to go upstairs (we have dual zone AC which means the upstairs and downstairs are controlled by 2 different units...the downstairs was fine). We set up camp to sleep on the sofa and made the best of the situation...I plopped on the couch to settle down and watch tv with soda in hand and cadbury mini eggs in mouth (they are so good!)

I tried to get comfy on the couch but was not really having it...and I am pretty sure I didn't fall asleep until after midnight (bad karma onslaught #9) and then since we have lots of windows I knew I would be up when the sun started to peak out (bad karma onslaught #10)...yes, I was up at 6 am...no alarm...sweetness.

I think Mike and I both realized we were having bad days and that we couldn't do much about it...

life lesson learned-
don't flip anyone the bird, especially if it's early in the morning-
the rest of your day is gonna be crap!


No comments:

Post a Comment