Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are the shopping gods trying to tell me something?

Ok, so lemme lay it out there for ya...

I had been planning to go to Target for the past couple days and instead of pestering Mike to go with me while I gawk at clothes for a bit, I decided to go tonight while he is out at his soccer game (I didn't go cuz it's cold and supposed to DOWNPOUR anyways...crazy soccer boys...plus it started at 8pm and goes til 10...I will be in bed by then!)

Back to the story...

So, Mike heads out and I get some comfy clothes on to go to Target, knowing I plan to try things on...So, since my car is parked in our garage, I am walking around preparing to get into my door...thinking nothing abnormal is about to happen...when...

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that would be MY favorite pair of yoga pants getting caught on a part of my car...of course I am already walking forward and proceed to pierce fully through...making not one hole, but and entry and exit hole...for pete's sake! I wanted to scream really loud, but figuring since it is ~8pm and the neighbors children are in bed, I should keep it to a minimum noise level...so all I muster is...

REALLY?!?!?

At this point, I have a slight dilemma on my hands...I sit down in my car behind the wheel to further inspect the "damage"...then I proceed to ask myself...Can I go to Target or do I run upstairs and throw some different pants on? (see damage below)



I ponder this for a minute or two...

Screw it, I'm going...but I am thinking in my head...maybe this is a sign that I should NOT be going shopping tonight, and I SHOULD just stay in and finish stuff around the house...but not tonight kiddos-I am going out-holey pants and all!

I arrive in Target and freak-slightly...

I mean, I have two small holes in the side of my pants...I grab a hand held shopping device and set out, trying my best to keep the "damaged goods" hidden...All seems well, til I try to pick up different sizes and hold up shirts to look and all...the freaking shopping thing is in my way...

So - I set it down...and freak-slightly...

There are other shoppers around and people passing by and of course all my paranoid brain can do is think...OMG, they just stared at me and my holey pants...WHY did I ever come out like this!?! But then some slight reasoning hits me and I realize that most people are in there own little "shopping bubble" as I usually am, and that- no - they probably were NOT staring at me and my holey pants...

I calm down, slightly...

I proceed to a room to try on my goodies, hidden with my holey pants behind a closed door for the moment-where no one can see me and my shame...I mean, I had a mirror in there so of course I was looking at every angle possible and realizing that I can see the snag from different points of view...so therefore, everyone must see this snag...right?!?

I gotta get outta here!

I go to check out and luckily no one is up there but the friendly sales clerk who naturally smiles and asks if I've found everything ok and how am I doing...of course I didn't tell her the truth (I mean, I told her I found everything-which was true...) But it's not like I am just gonna pipe up and say...

I AM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I HAVE HOLES IN MY PANTS AND I AM PARANOID!

She would most likely find me insanely crazy and wishing she no longer worked there so she wouldn't have to encounter crazy folk like myself...so I figured I would save her the drama and tell her I was "ok"...

Home sweet home

Never sounded better, really, the realm where I can wear what I want, say what I want and do just about anything I want and not feel guilty or shameful...

It's also where I can take a photo shoot of my new clothes!

I love all the new colors and designs...can't wait to wear them to work!

Home is also where I can take MORE cute pictures of my dog, Channing, who is sporting his Burton bandanna (and looking Oh so adorable!)


Any crazy mishaps in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment