Saturday, March 12, 2011





Ok, so I made 1 candle, but at least I didn't burn the house down or harm myself (since Mike was gone all day)...I would say it was a great success! Especially since I had to go to Michael's craft store and find certain tools/things with which to make my candle.

Here is a look at my setup...

I set up the molds with the wicks prior to melting the wax...

And then began melting the wax...

Once the wax melted and reached the right temp. I added color and some fragrance
I chose red color and raspberry scent

I then poured this into my mold and let it stand for a loooong time

Once set and completely cooled, out popped my FIRST SOY CANDLE (it's supposed to be more eco-friendly and burn longer)

And it's not exactly RED and isn't pungent smelling, but has some scent to it...

I'm pretty happy about it though!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Mandy! It is soooo cool to see how my candle was created! YOU ARE AMAZING! THE BEST! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! oxoxoxo