I am really ready for the warmer weather of Spring...I am excited that March is here and that Spring is just around the corner!
With this in mind, I have a HUGE list of things that I wanna do...in no particular order:
- Shamrock the Block is March 12th, and free, which also helps. I didn't end up going last year, but I heard it was amazing...so maybe I can wander that way this year
- Picasso Exhibit at the VFMA. He is the one artist who I have truly admired and loved his works...and what better way to celebrate then to go see them on display at the VMFA. I mean, how many times will something like this even happen?!?
- Maymont - whether just to see it or for this little gem, a full moon hike/guided tour on March 18. Sounds like a neat way to find out more and truly enjoy something so special.
- Southern Women's Show March 18-20. This sounds like an all encompassing shindig type retreat deal for women...health, beauty, fashion, food! Need I say more?
- First Fridays Artwalk in downtown Richmond, on the first Friday of each month. I will be missing this coming Friday, but if you can make it let me know how it is!
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens - the flowers-it's totally getting to be that time of the year where things are starting to bloom and become all lovely after the winter frost and I can't wait! (maybe the only things I don't love is the crazy yellow pollen dusting that encompasses ALL!!)...plus flowers are super pretty...
And last but not least....Dog Jog 5K Run - if you know anything about me, know this...animals have a super special place in my heart. Growing up with dogs and having my big black lab mix baby now, I can't imagine any better way to get my butt in gear than this...either run a 5K to support the SPCA or walk 1 mile with my pooch! (or both if you are ambitious!) This is my baby (aka Channing)...he is now 5 years old, but I think I will always see him as this tiny lil guy who used to curl up in my lap while I drove...I am sure I will divulge many more stories about him later on in this blog (I mean, he is my baby, I took him in and raised him up!)
Adorable! Other than these lovely little items I can't wait til the weather is warmer for lake trips, trips to Belle Isle, and beach trips! So much fun to come I can hardly contain it all...Hope you have something to look forward to as well...Happy March to all!