Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mango Love



Sometimes I make yummy dinners...figured I would share with you!

Fish Tacos
I gather the following:
-1 ripe mango
-onion
-tomato
-cilantro
-lime juice
-tilapia filets (depends on # people...2 for us)
-tortilla wraps
-olive oil
-salt/pepper
-garlic salt



I start out making the "salsa" portion and setting this aside/in the fridge...

Chop up some onion, some tomato, a few cilantro leaves and the mango...Now, if you have never experienced mango or how to get into one of these bad boys, let me show you something!

I have this amazing tool (mango cutter)...I peeled the mango skin and then this amazing tool takes out the HUGE middle seed...

Which makes it completely easy to cut the mango in bite size pieces :)


I combine all these into a bowl and douse with some lime juice (I like lime juice, so I put in a good squeeze or two!)



I then cook the fillets in a pan with a little olive oil, salt/pepper and garlic salt...once the fish starts to turn more white and flaky, I use the spatula in order to smash it into bite size bits...



Then I place the cooked fish on another plate while I put a tiny bit of oil in the same pan and place a tortilla for a few seconds, then flip it and add a portion of the fish and salsa...



Fold the sides and hold flat on top and...TADA! you have fish tacos and mango salsa!
(and no, I didn't burn the ones on the left, they are whole wheat tortillas)...


ENJOY!

Any fun recipes you like to make? I am always up for new and fresh ideas!




1 comment: